Week 1 Menu - 100 Days of Real Food

>> Saturday, January 4, 2014

Here is my basic plan for the first week of eating real food!  Some of the recipes below had to be tweaked a bit to better fit with the real food diet.  If I have any real winning recipes, I'll post them as we go.

Breakfasts -

  • Breakfast taco with veggies (onion; red, yellow and green bell peppers; spinach) on whole wheat tortillas
  • Pancakes with organic nut butter and maple syrup (using this homemade pancake mix recipe)
  • Greek yogurt with granola
Lunches -
  • Dinner leftovers
  • Fancy BLT sandwiches; veggies and ranch dressing
  • Nut butter and honey sandwiches; veggies and ranch dressing
Snacks -
Dinners -
Tips and Tricks -
  • I started the week off with the Crockpot Whole Chicken recipe.  After we ate it for dinner, I picked all the remaining meat off the chicken to use later in the week for the Tex-Mex Chicken Chili.  Then I put the carcass back in the crockpot; threw in some onion, carrots, celery and parsley; filled the crockpot with water; and let it cook on low over night.  The next morning I strained the homemade chicken stock and poured it into mason jars to use for the Tex-Mex Chicken Chili too.
  • I made a double-batch of the lettuce wrap filling and froze half.  I love knowing I have a healthy, already prepared dinner in the freezer.  I'd like to try to freeze at least one recipe every week so I can have a nice supply of dinners in the freezer.
  • The pasta recipe made a lot of tomatoes, so I planned to serve the extra tomatoes in the fancy BLT sandwiches.  
  • I saved the frittata until the end of the week because I knew that it was a recipe that could easily be tweaked to include any remaining veggies that I had leftover from the week.  So it became more of an 'everything but the kitchen sink frittata' but it was still delish.  And that's what counts!
  • I loved having my snacks prepared ahead of time for the week.  I usually don't go to grab a snack until I'm already famished, so I knew it was imperative for me to have healthy things ready to eat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP